Residential Treatment for Adolescents
The mission of Newport News Behavioral Health Center’s personal development system is to provide a vehicle for residents and staff to evaluate behavioral progress, address resident/student accomplishments, address behavioral problems, set weekly goals and objectives, determine eligibility for participation in social activities, outings, special events, passes, and to address disciplinary actions.
Newport News Behavioral Health Center’s programs attempt to recognize and build on student’s strengths while helping students to overcome weaknesses.
- Individual, Group and Family Therapies
- Substance Abuse Education or Intensive Substance Abuse Treatment, if appropriate
- Individualized Multidisciplinary Treatment
- Gender-specific programming
- 24-hour Nursing Care
- Therapeutic Recreation Services
- Life Skills Training
- Licensed and Accredited Educational Services
- Transitional Services
- Assessment and Diagnostic Services
- Expressive Therapies
- GED Preparatory Training
The Admissions Department at Newport News Behavioral Health Center is staffed by caring, competent professionals who will provide assistance in placing a resident. The office is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Learn more about our admissions criteria.